Welcome to The Dental Practice, Evesham
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
updated 3rd August 2020
****please do not attend the surgery without an appointment***
NB EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS AT THE BOTTOM and INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMING IN TO SEE US
**WE CAN PLACE NEW PATIENTS ON A WAITING LIST- ESTIMATE OCTOBER FOR APPOINTMENT. CHILDREN WILL BE SEEN FREE OF CHARGE. ADULTS NEW PATIENT EXAM £45**
**WE ARE ABLE TO REPAIR DENTURES**
**HYGIENIST VISITS are due to start again from AUGUST**
IF YOU USUALLY NEED TREATMENT TO KEEP THE GUMS HEALTHY PLEASE GET BACK IN TOUCH FOR ARRANGING A SESSION WITH EITHER THE DENTIST OR HYGIENIST. WE WILL BE PRIORITISING BY NEED BASED OUR RECORDS.
IF YOU ARE DUE A CHECK UP AND A ROUTINE VISIT WITH THE HYGIENIST WE WILL BE IN CONTACT TO REARRANGE, WHETHER YOU HAVE ONE COMING UP OR HAVE MISSED ONE DUE TO THE CORONA VIRUS LOCKDOWN.
IF YOU ARE OVER DUE YOUR EXAMINATION PLEASE EXPECT A CALL FROM US TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET YOU BACK IN.
WE DO HAVE A WAITING LIST FOR NEW PATIENTS HOWEVER IT MAY BE A LONG TIME BEFORE WE CAN SEE NEW PATIENTS.
WE HAVE BEEN DOING URGENT TREATMENT FOR THE LAST MONTH NOW WHICH HAS INCLUDED AEROSOL GENERATING PROCEDURES OR AGP'S.
ALMOST ALL DENTISTRY INVOLVES AGP. FOR EXAMPLE STARTING ROOT FILLINGS AND PERMANENT FILLINGS.
THERE IS A HUGE STEP UP IN ACTIVITY FOR THIS SORT OF WORK, A MASSIVE RANGE OF EXTRA PRECAUTIONS WE HAVE TO TAKE WHEN DOING THIS AND IT HAS TAKEN SOME TIME TO IMPLEMENT.
PREVIOUSLY WE HAVE JUST BEEN ABLE TO OFFER VERY SIMPLE EMERGENCY TREATMENT FOR EXAMPLE EXTRACTION OR APPLICATION OF A DRESSING.
THIS HAS NOW CHANGED AND WE WILL BE IN CONTACT ASAP FOR ALL PATIENTS CURRENTLY IN TREATMENT OR PATIENTS WHO WE KNOW REQURE A PERMANENT FILLING.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY CALLED US WITH A PROBLEM LIKE A BROKEN/CHIPPED TOOTH THAT DOES NOT GIVE YOU PAIN WE HAVE YOU ON A LIST TO BE CONTACTED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WE KNOW ABOUT THAT HAS GOT WORSE PLEASE RING AGAIN FOR REMOTE ASSESSMENT.
Our guidelines on what we can do and how much we can do are linked directly to the NATIONAL ALERT LEVEL. As this level decreases we will be able to lift some of the restrictions on practice.
We ARE prioritising patients in pain, for example tooth ache that is not responding to antibiotics or analgesics, painful dental swellings or trauma. As the national threat level from COVID-19 has come down we are now able to scale up our activity and scope of treatment.
We know this is difficult for everyone and appreciate your continued support as we all find our feet again post COVID-19.
THIS SERVICE IS FOR REGISTERED PATIENTS ONLY- at this time we can not accept any new patients for emergency calls.
DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS 9:00am to 5:00pm:
If you urgently need assistance, please CALL us on 01386446693 and follow the instructions on the recorded message to speak directly to a dentist.
OUT OF HOURS:
5:00PM TO 9:30PM week days and 9:00am to 9:30PM weekends: Again if you urgently need assistance, please CALL us on 01905570122 FOR REGISTERED PRIVATE AND PLAN PATIENTS ONLY
NHS patients out of hours please ring 111.
As a team, we are doing everything we possibly can to remain fit, well and able to work so that we can continue our usual high standard of dental care for you when we return.
The Team at The Dental Practice Evesham
Attendance procedure please read before arrival.
- The patient should use the toilet before attending the practice
- The patient should bring their own pen (if they will need to sign paper forms)
- The patient should only bring minimal belongings into the practice with them
- The patient should attend alone wherever possible or with one other person if absolutely necessary
- More vulnerable patients should wear a simple face covering when they attend
- If the patient requires a chaperone, they should be advised of the practice policy on chaperones
- The patient can only enter the building when summoned by phone/SMS or at the agreed time
- The patient will be met by a team member wearing appropriate PPE who will check their medical history
- Patients will be screened using the standard COVID-19 screening questions and if now in Category 1 will be referred to an appropriate centre (if it is an emergency) or advised to self-isolate
- The patient must use the hand sanitiser [and put on a disposable mask or gloves as required for signature of clinipad] when entering the building from the PPE station inside the front door
- If not using pre-payment/online payment, then payment for should ideally be taken in advance of the dental appointment over the telephone.
- If not using emailed digital forms the patient should use their own pen to sign paper forms or gloved hands to use clinipad (which is then sanitized)
- The patient should then be escorted directly into the surgery
- Any patient belongings should be placed in a designated area which will be disinfected after use
- Once entering the surgery, the patient is asked to retain their face mask and gloves (if provided) until the end of the appointment
- At the end of treatment, the patient should leave the room immediately, dispose of PPE in a clinical waste bin and perform hand santisation using alcohol gel placed outside the door
- The patient collects their belongings from the designated area, and is escorted to the practice exit
We are a friendly independent dental practice providing dental care to patients of all ages. We pride ourselves on the professional skills throughout all our team.
We are currently accepting new patients to the dental practice with our new owners James Arthurell and Fiona Wellington. A £10 deposit is required for adults before any appointment is made.
CHILDREN UNDER 18 WILL BE SEEN FREE OF CHARGE.
We make a promise to all of our patients that we will:
- Provide excellent dental care
- Maintain a safe environment for clinical procedures
- Offer you treatment options where available allowing you choice
- Take time to answer your questions and explain your dental treatment
- Provide clear written estimates of your dental treatment plan
- Try to accommodate your busy schedule by offering early morning or evening dental appointments
- Have the services of a dental hygienist
- Be sympathetic to any concerns you have and be respectful of your needs
- Extend our knowledge by keeping up with current advances in dentistry