Welcome to The Dental Practice, Evesham, we are OPEN
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ
updated May 2021
!! ROAD WORKS !! Phase 1: from 14th April 2021 for 3 weeks -please allow extra time as temporary traffic lights have slowed traffic.
Phase 2: from 10 May for 7 weeks :
Port Street will be fully closed in both directions Monday to Friday between 6am and 4pm. The full closure will apply to the full length of Port St from the junction with Waterside to the roundabout adjacent to St Peters Church and Lidl supermarket. Outside of these hours, a one-way closure system will be in place. Access for deliveries will be permitted by arrangement.
We are still accessible, with Parking in the mini carpark located on The Leys (behind the Pharmacy on Port Street).
WE ARE OPEN DAILY and able to see patients and carry out treatment -please see check opening hours below
PLEASE CALL IF YOU NEED YOUR EXAMINATION BOOKED IN
****please do not attend the surgery without an appointment****
NB INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMING IN TO SEE US scroll down.
Please note you can not currently leave a messages after listening to the answer phone.
We believe we are soon going to able to return to our previous levels of activity, seeing more patients and open the waiting rooms and reception. This we believe will be in stages as dictated by the CDO, (chief dental officers). As soon as they act we will implement any positive changes as best we can as soon as we can.
** WE ARE CURRENTLY AT CAPACITY. We anticipate NEW PATIENTS will be possible NO EARLIER THAN JUNE 21st 2021 and if you have URGENT problems I urge you to explore options with other practices in the area. WHEN WE RETURN TO SEEING NEW PATIENTS- CHILDREN WILL BE SEEN FREE OF CHARGE. ADULTS NEW PATIENT EXAM £45**
Queries? PLEASE EMAIL US: firstname.lastname@example.org (checked frequently)**WE ARE ABLE TO REPAIR DENTURES**
**HYGIENIST VISITS are available but limited. The speed we can safely see patients is STILL dramatically reduced. We are getting the patients with the highest need in first, IF YOU NEED TO SEE THE HYGIENIST QUICKLY please get in touch.**
IF YOU USUALLY NEED TREATMENT TO KEEP THE GUMS HEALTHY PLEASE GET BACK IN TOUCH FOR ARRANGING A SESSION WITH EITHER THE DENTIST OR HYGIENIST. WE WILL BE PRIORITISING BY NEED BASED OUR RECORDS.
IF YOU ARE DUE A CHECK UP AND A ROUTINE VISIT WITH THE HYGIENIST WE WILL BE IN CONTACT TO REARRANGE, WHETHER YOU HAVE ONE COMING UP OR HAVE MISSED ONE DUE TO THE ONGOING CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC.
IF YOU ARE OVER DUE YOUR EXAMINATION PLEASE EXPECT A CALL FROM US TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET YOU BACK IN.
We know this is difficult for everyone and appreciate your continued support as we all find our feet again with COVID-19.
Monday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Tuesday 9.00am – 8.00pm
Wednesday 9.00am – 5.00pm
Thursday 8.45am – 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am – 12:45pm
THIS SERVICE IS FOR REGISTERED PATIENTS ONLY- at this time we can not accept any new patients for emergency calls.
DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS 9:00am to 5:00pm:
If you urgently need assistance, please CALL us on 01386446693
OUT OF HOURS: ***£150 call out charge in addition to the cost of any treatment which would be agreed with the respective dentist on call.***
5:00PM TO 9:00PM week days and 9:00am to 6 PM weekends: Again if you urgently need assistance, please CALL us on 01386 44 66 93 and listen to the message for getting in touch with the out of hours service, please do not leave a message on our answer phone. Please follow the intrusions to the on call service and leave the message for them on their answer phone. FOR REGISTERED PRIVATE AND PLAN PATIENTS ONLY
NHS patients out of hours please ring 111.
As a team, we are doing everything we possibly can to remain fit, well and able to work so that we can continue our usual high standard of dental care for you when we return.
The Team at The Dental Practice Evesham
Attendance procedure please read before arrival.
- Please use the toilet before attending the practice
- Please bring your own pen
- Please only bring minimal belongings into the practice
- Please attend alone wherever possible or with one other person if absolutely necessary
- All patients should wear a simple face covering when they attend
- If the patient requires a chaperone, they should let us know at time of booking.
- Please only enter the building when summoned by phone/SMS or at the agreed time
- You will be met by a team member wearing appropriate PPE who will check their medical history
- Patients will be screened using the standard COVID-19 screening questions. THIS IS BEST DONE ONLINE PLEASE SUPPLY US AN EMAIL OR SMART PHONE NUMBER.
- The patient must use the hand sanitiser [and put on a disposable mask or gloves as required for signature of clinipad] when entering the building from the PPE station inside the front door
- WE ARE NOT TAKING CASH or CHEQUE PAYMENTS
- If not using emailed digital forms the patient should use their own pen to sign paper forms or gloved hands to use clinipad (which is then sanitized)
- The patient should then be escorted directly into the surgery
- Any patient belongings should be placed in a designated area which will be disinfected after use. YOU CAN NOT BRING PERSONAL BELONGINGS INTO THE TREATMENT ROOMS.
- Once entering the surgery, you will be asked to retain their face mask and gloves (if provided) until the end of the appointment
- At the end of treatment, the patient should leave the room immediately, dispose of PPE in a clinical waste bin and perform hand santisation using alcohol gel placed outside the door
- The patient collects their belongings from the designated area, and is escorted to the practice exit.
- WE CAN TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITEMS LEFT WITH US WHILE YOU ARE IN THE SURGERY THIS IS DONE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. SMALL ITEMS LIKE KEYS AND PHONES WALLETS CAN BE PLACED IN A SMALL PLASTIC BAG WE WILL SUPPLY.
We are a friendly independent dental practice providing dental care to patients of all ages. We pride ourselves on the professional skills throughout all our team.
CHILDREN UNDER 18 WILL BE SEEN FREE OF CHARGE.
We make a promise to all of our patients that we will:
- Provide excellent dental care
- Maintain a safe environment for clinical procedures
- Offer you treatment options where available allowing you choice
- Take time to answer your questions and explain your dental treatment
- Provide clear written estimates of your dental treatment plan
- Try to accommodate your busy schedule by offering early morning or evening dental appointments
- Have the services of a dental hygienist
- Be sympathetic to any concerns you have and be respectful of your needs
- Extend our knowledge by keeping up with current advances in dentistry